We ♥ Sheffield! The very best of Sheffield and South Yorkshire. Exclusive magazine, reviews, events and your very own hyper-local social network!
Terms and Conditions
WeLoveSheffield.com and associated entities, including deejayone.co.uk, are owned and run by Social Sheffield Limited, a UK limited company. We are incorporated in England, and our registered company number is 08550020. Our registered office address is 28 Middlewood Lodge, 1 Middlewood Rise, Sheffield, S6 1UR.
These Terms explain our conditions for you using the website, together with any related services we provide within the website. If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms, you must not continue to use the website.
You have to register with us and be signed in to use some features of the website. If you are under 18, don’t register unless you have permission from your legal guardian (usually a parent) to do so. Keep your sign in details private at all times, do not share them with anybody, and let us know if you think somebody else has access to them. Do not use the 'Keep me signed in' feature to keep yourself signed in unless you are using your own personal computer. You must keep your personal information accurate and up to date, especially your email address.
What you can use the website for
You can use the website, and any services we provide on the website, for your own personal, non-commercial (without our express consent) use, for example, for keeping in touch with friends, uploading comments, posting reviews and sharing content on the website.
In relation to any content we provide for your use on the website, there are certain restrictions on how you can use this content for personal, non-commercial use.
In using the website, you are not permitted to do the following:
- You must not send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications such as spam.
- You must not collect other members’ content or information, or otherwise access the website, using automated means without our express consent and any use of harvesting bots, scrapers, spiders and robots or any other analytical, information-gathering or automated tools is strictly forbidden.
- You must not solicit login information or access another member’s account without express permission.
- You must not use the website for the purpose of bullying, intimidating or harassing any other members.
- You must not use the website to do anything which would reasonably be considered malicious, discriminatory, misleading or unlawful.
- You must not do anything, or use the website in a way, which impairs the proper working of the website for other members, such as a denial of service attack.
THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE
On the website, we provide you with a service which allows you to contact friends, and share content which you may upload to the website, such as comments, images and videos (which we will refer to as “your content”). We also provide you with content such as images, videos and other information for your use on the website (which we will refer to as "our content").
Intellectual property rights (including copyright) in our content
All intellectual property rights in the website, our content and any database operated by us, either belong to us or have been licensed to us.
You are authorised to use our content for private and non-commercial purposes as follows:
- to access for personal use (to comment on, view and share) within the service;
- to publish and/or interact with our content within the service, such as adding comments;
- to share our content with other members; and
- to provide links to our content to others outside the website, using the “share links” functionality on the website (but to always ensure our content is maintained on and accessed from within the website).
All our other rights are reserved so you should not use our content for any purpose not set out above and in particular:
- You must not use our content for commercial uses or in carrying on a business, including for marketing or promotional activities. If you want to use the website or our content for anything apart from your own private and non-commercial use, please contact us. We try to be accommodating where possible, but as some of our content belongs to other people, we will require their permission for you to use it.
- You must not copy, edit, adapt, change, alter, manipulate, reproduce, redistribute, download or use our content, either in whole or in part, other than as permitted here.
- You must not use our content in any way within the website which may reasonably be considered to be offensive, inappropriate or defamatory (this is at our discretion) or which is unlawful.
Respecting your intellectual property rights (including copyright)
If you believe that you own the copyright in any of the content on the website, and we have not recognised you as the copyright owner, please contact us and we will investigate quickly. While we are investigating, we may temporarily remove the content in question. If we agree that you are the copyright owner, we will work with you to find a solution that you agree with, or we will take the relevant part of the content in question off the website permanently.
Intellectual property rights (including copyright) in your content
You will not assert any moral rights in the material that you create or publish on the website. If we use any of your personal information (for example, your name) in connection with it, we will ask your permission first. We may also make your content available to other users of the website, to users of websites with whom we have a partnership, and by internet search engines.
This licence terminates when you delete your content or your account with us, unless you have publicly shared your content with others, and they have not deleted it. You understand that, when your content is deleted, backup copies of your content will exist for a reasonable period of time, although your content will not be available for others to view.
When you post and share your content or other information under the Public setting, you are allowing everyone to access and use that information.
Guidelines in relation to your content
As well as the general rules governing use of the website, if you publish content, make comments, post reviews or participate in discussions, you are not permitted to do the following:
- You must not publish something that you do not own the intellectual property rights in (or have permission to publish it from the intellectual property rights owner).
- You must not include anything we consider offensive, inappropriate, defamatory, hateful, threatening, pornographic or which contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence (this is at our discretion).
- You must not break the law, for example by saying something that you could be sued for.
- You must not share the personal information of living people without their permission.
- You must not tag or identify individuals in a way which you know they would not like or is reasonably likely to cause any harm, embarrassment, offence or distress.
- You must not upload viruses or other malicious code.
Monitoring content published by you
We do not monitor content published by you and take no responsibility for things that you publish. If you see something on the site that you think is offensive, illegal or which isn’t in line with these Terms, please let us know. We don’t guarantee that we will always remove it, but we will certainly look into it. We reserve the right to remove content that you create, at our discretion. Any content we do decide to remove will be done so in accordance with our Take Down Procedures.
SERVICES WE OFFER ON THE WEBSITE
We do our best to provide you with a quality service, but the availability of the website and service is not guaranteed at any time. The website and service are provided on an “as is” basis and are subject to change. We do not warrant or promise that the website will always be available or fully functional and reserve the right to withdraw the website or particular parts of it at any time and will not be liable to you for any losses you might suffer. Sometimes all or part of the website will be unavailable if it is undergoing upgrades or maintenance.
In the event we are notified that any of the material featured on the website (whether content owned or licensed to us or user generated content) potentially infringes the rights of any third party, we reserve the right to remove that content in accordance with our Take Down Procedures. The content will remain removed until we have conducted our investigation into the allegations made and may be permanently removed depending on the outcome of our investigation.
Things beyond our control
If we are prevented or delayed in the performance of our obligations under the Terms arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to, acts of God, perils of the sea or air, fire, flood, drought, explosion, sabotage, accident, embargo, riot, civil commotion or civil authority including acts of local government and parliamentary authority; breakdown of equipment; telecommunication failures; epidemic; war; terrorism; extreme adverse weather conditions; and labour disputes of whatever nature and for whatever cause arising including, but not limited to, work to rule, overtime, strikes and lockouts, then we will notify you of the circumstance and will be excused from the performance or the punctual performance as the case may be from the date of notice we provide you with for so long as such cause of prevention or delay continues. We will not be liable to you for any loss you may suffer during as a result of circumstances beyond our control.
Customer support and complaints
We will always aim to fix problems where we can. If you have a question, suggestion or complaint about the website or any of the content featured on the website, or any complaints about goods purchased through the website, please contact us and we’ll do our best to sort it out.
When we might stop you using the website
If you breach these Terms, we reserve the right to stop you using the website and to terminate our agreement. If you use the We Love Sheffield website and/or service for non-private and/or commercial purposes, we also reserve the right to stop your access and to terminate our agreement with you.
Some legal bits
Liability. The only warranties or promises we give are set out in this document and in so far as we are permitted to do so by law, all warranties in respect of the website and its content are excluded. We can’t accept liability for any indirect or consequential losses, loss of data or any use of content you suffer from using the website. For loss you suffer that is caused by us, we limit the liability we have to you to the total money you spent on the website in the 12 calendar months before you make a claim against us. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Assignment. These Terms are personal to you, and you are not allowed to transfer your rights under this agreement to anyone else.
Severance. If any part of these Terms no longer applies or is no longer legally enforceable, then that part will be severed from the rest of the agreement and the rest will continue to apply.
These Terms are made under English law, and any arguments about them will only be heard in English courts.
Changes to the Terms
We might make changes to these Terms from time to time. Check back here to stay up to date. If we do make a major change to it, we’ll usually send you a service email describing the change and what it means for you.